Coronavirus and Me – Nation-wide survey for children and young people in Wales
The Welsh Government, Children’s Commissioner for Wales, Children in Wales and Youth Parliament for Wales have, in collaboration with young people developed a survey for children and young people. The survey asks how children and young people have felt about having to stay at home during the Coronavirus and the effects this has had.
You’ve been staying home to stay safe over the last few weeks. People who can help to make a difference to your life want to listen to how you have felt about having to do this because of the Coronavirus and any effect it has had on you.
The survey is to be completed by Children and Young People and:
- You are not asked for your name.
- There are no right or wrong answers.
- You don’t have to answer any questions that you don’t want to.
- The survey should take you around 10 to 15 minutes to fill in.
The results will be used by the Welsh Government and the other organisations to make sure you’ve got everything you need to stay happy, healthy and safe. For details of these surveys in English and Welsh, click on the links below@
At Calan DVS we actively endorse many campaigns which support children and young people who are affected by domestic violence and abuse. We also run a number of specific programmes for children and young people from our regional centres across South Wales. These include:
- The Children and Young People ACEs Recovery Toolkit – an 8-week programme aimed at any young person who has witnessed or experienced domestic abuse and feel able to take part in a group.
- The STAR (Safety Trust and Respect) Programme – a 10-week programme for children and mothers to explore their feelings around domestic abuse.
- Ar Trac – in conjunction with Cyfannol Women’s Aid, Cardiff Women’s Aid, Gorwel and West Wales DAS supporting children and young people across 10 counties in Wales, with funding from Welsh Government.
To find out more about our children’s group programmes, click here.
#LiveFearFree #YouAreNotAlone #ProvidingSanctuary #InspiringChange