Vacancy for A Project Facilitator – Part Time (Neath)
We have a vacancy for a Project Facilitator covering the Neath area and other locations as required to fulfil the role. We encourage both men and women to apply.
Hours: 20 hrs per week Salary: £20,000 pro rata
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
Close Date: Wednesday 17th February
Interviews Date: Monday 1st March
The Lighthouse Project funded by The National Lottery Community Fund over the next four years, will comprise of two separate specialist programmes meeting the complex needs of different target groups within the community.
The Compass Programme is a specialist resource designed to help male survivors recover from their experience following self-acknowledgement of having been the victim in an abusive relationship. It provides a unique opportunity for men affected by domestic abuse to share their experiences with other victims in a safe and supportive environment.
The Inspiring Families Programme – is an innovative and structured ten- week assessment programme that can help strengthen and stabilise families where domestic violence and abuse is a known component but the family are choosing to stay together. With research clearly demonstrating the devastating impact that living with domestic violence and abuse has on family members, a clear need for addressing this issue in a holistic and family centred way exists. The Inspiring Families Programme was developed to meet a significant gap in addressing DVA in a holistic family centred way. The victim and perpetrator element of the programme was devised by Rockpool Life and Calan DVS developed the CYP element to ensure the voice the child is heard, this supports the family to access an all family trauma informed programme.
Purpose of the role:
- To provide a comprehensive, high-quality, accessible, frontline service to victims of domestic violence/abuse.
- To work within the Lighthouse Project facilitating a programme of support to families suffering the ongoing impacts of domestic abuse.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Inspiring Families Programme, within the designated area of responsibility, relating to families referred to Calan DVS service and using a holistic family approach.
- To work within the Programme service requirements enabling individuals and families to achieve measurable outcomes through support.
- To work within a multi- agency framework to improve responses to domestic violence and abuse.
You will be able to demonstrate the following key knowledge, skills, behaviours and experience:
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant field or willingness to work towards one, i.e. social care or health
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Minimum of 2 years working with vulnerable adults
- Proven experience of liaising with statutory and voluntary agencies.
Click here to download an application form.
Please return completed application by Wednesday 17th February to firstname.lastname@example.org