IDVA Vacancy to Work with Male Victims of DA
Calan DVS are recruiting for an IDVA post to work with male victims of domestic abuse based in Neath.
Contract: Until March 2023 with the possibility of an extension depending on funding
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 depending on experience
Location: Neath – role will cover Neath, Port Talbot and Swansea
Application closing date: Monday, 23 May 2022
Interview date: TBC
Purpose of the Role
To support high risk male victims of domestic abuse across the Swansea Bay area. Provide a high-quality and pro-active front-line service to address the safety of victims at high risk of harm from intimate partners, ex-partners or family members to secure their safety. To work within a multi-agency framework consisting of the MARAC and local partnership responses to domestic abuse.
You will be able to demonstrate the following key knowledge, skills, behaviours and experience:
• Hold a Safe Lives IDVA accredited training certificate or be willing to study to obtain one.
• Demonstrable experience of working with and supporting individuals and families who have experienced domestic abuse.
• Have computer literacy skills and experience of working with databases.
• Experience of reporting on project outcomes, milestones and within specified frameworks.
• Evidence of effective multi-disciplinary and agency partnership liaison.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and advisory skills, both written and verbal when interacting with a range of agencies and individuals.
• Have strong crisis
See full details of essential and desirable skills here.
How to Apply
Full job description and personal specification here.
Click here to download an application form.
Please return the application form by Monday, 23 May 2022
Interview date: TBC
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check plus a full driving licence with access to your own vehicle.
Calan DVS is committed to Equal Opportunities. All posts are exempt under Section 7 (2) (f) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975