Children and Young Person Support Worker – Part Time (Neath)
We have a vacancy for a Children and Young Person Support Worker covering the Neath area and other locations as required to fulfil the role.
Hours: 16 hrs per week Salary: £20,600 pro rata
Close Date: Friday 19th August 2022
Interview Date: TBC
The Lighthouse Project funded by The National Lottery Community Fund until August 2024, will comprise of two separate specialist programmes meeting the complex needs of different target groups within the community.
The Compass Programme is a specialist resource designed to help male survivors recover from their experience following self-acknowledgement of having been the victim in an abusive relationship. It provides a unique opportunity for men affected by domestic abuse to share their experiences with other victims in a safe and supportive environment.
The Inspiring Families Programme – is an innovative and structured ten- week assessment programme that can help strengthen and stabilise families where domestic violence and abuse is a known component but the family are choosing to stay together. With research clearly demonstrating the devastating impact that living with domestic violence and abuse has on family members, a clear need for addressing this issue in a holistic and family centred way exists. The Inspiring Families Programme was developed to meet a significant gap in addressing DVA in a holistic family centred way. The victim and perpetrator element of the programme was devised by Rockpool Life and Calan DVS developed the CYP element to ensure the voice the child is heard, this supports the family to access an all family trauma informed programme.
Purpose of the role:
- To provide a comprehensive, high-quality, accessible, frontline service to CYP exposed to domestic violence/abuse
- To be responsible for all aspects of domestic abuse support work, relating to CYP referred to Calan DVS Lighthouse Project using a holistic family approach
- To work within the Lighthouse Project service requirements enabling families to achieve measurable outcomes through support provided to CYP
- To work within a multi- agency framework to improve responses to domestic violence and abuse
You will be able to demonstrate the following key knowledge, skills, behaviours and experience:
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant field or willingness to work towards one, i.e. social care or health
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Minimum of 2 years working with vulnerable children and young people
- Proven experience of liaising with statutory and voluntary agencies
Click here to download an application form.
Please return completed application by Friday 19th August 2022 to email@example.com